Sunday, May 29, 2011

Day 149: I am the mother of a nine year old!

Not today actually, but tomorrow morning.....I am officially the mother of a nine year old!  I have no idea where the time goes, and I can't believe my daughter is so grown up!  Sniff, gulp.

In addition to having a full house of family this weekend, I did manage to steal away and craft a very little bit today.  My ring from yesterday was completely without the black markings after spending all night in the pickle solution.  It just wiped off with my finger rubbing across it.  I continued working with it and experimented with polishing using the dremel tool, and I have managed to get rid of most of the blue coloring too (although that was not at all my intention).  It is spending the night in the tumbler tonight.

As for other stuff, I added a little wire swirly and snap tight setting by soldering today and then adding a little 6mm stone to the setting to make this pendant with a base circle that I had made a few days back.
 I also did some quick work with chain mail using my favorite weave (byzantine) with some little shiny sterling rings on each end.  I will attach them to earring wires tomorrow.  The red rings are enameled copper.....and although I had intended to make chain mail flower earrings with them, I think I didn't get the right sizes for the flowers to look right.  Oh well, I like byzantine better anyway!

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday to the birthday girl!!
    I agree - they grow so fast!
    Have a lovely time!

    ReplyDelete

I THRIVE on comment love! Please leave some and spread it around!