Friday, May 13, 2011

Day 133: Going out of town

I am going to visit my mom for a few days, and I am leaving in a couple of hours.  We are taking a metalworking class together.  Actually, we are taking two classes (one advanced and one continued skills) which will have both of us slaving over some torch and chunk of metal for 8 hours a day for the next four days.  I don't know if I will blog while I am away or not, but be assured that I will have great show and tell when I finally do report back to the blogging public!

Until then, pictures of my garden!
 These beauties are early bloomers even in the delayed Minnesota springs.....YEAH FOR FLOWERS!
This is my FAVORITE ground cover (Lamium.....this one is variegated) as it grows nicely in shade or semi-shade, under acidic conditions like evergreens and walnut trees.  Hubby and I are giving up on growing grass at all next to this flower bed and have resigned to letting this crawling beauty take over since the grass hates my walnut trees and the rocky soil used to fill in some sewer line work done by our home's previous owners.  Ground cover can go to town as far as I am concerned!  It doesn't get wilty and distress in late summer and these pretty little yellow flowers are charming!
Bleeding hearts are favorites too.  I really need to plant more of them!

1 comment:

I THRIVE on comment love! Please leave some and spread it around!