Saturday, May 28, 2011

Day 148: Ring.....learning experience

I worked today with a thinner bezel than I have used before, and my mom and I ended up looking for thinner stuff to mount .  I bought a flat shell bead that had some black markings on it, but I scuffed the top of the finish when I was working on the bezel.....so now I am going to see what it will take to remove the black entirely.  I will leave the ring in the pickle (acid solution for cleaning) all night just to see what that does to the "stone" which is really a bead....the holes are just hidden.  Then I will see if I can polish the top of the setting to get a shiny top again or at least, a scuff free top.
Sterling Silver with Three Band Ring

No comments:

Post a Comment

I THRIVE on comment love! Please leave some and spread it around!