Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day 104: Mishmash....really I just don't want to do laundry

I worked on a lot of ideas that have been boppin' around in the noggin for a while.  I did some layered paper work in my altered book (pictured to the left) using some layering of commercialized scrapping stamps and some of my own drawing and freehand work.  Gosh, I just love that tissue paper with keys on it I got stuffed in a purse I received as a birthday gift.  I have been using it a lot in my layering lately.  My heron image is not immediately evident, but that is part of the fun of spotting wildlife.


I made some quick cards today as well as some glass tile pendants using the paper I made a few posts back.  I think the end result is well worth the hassle of making layered art paper.  I want to save my scrap paper batch for a while longer between projects so that I can make several pieces of paper at a time.  The mess is fun, but it is a really big mess.  I soak the paper in water since most of what I use for scrapping is card stock or double sided.  Then after slathering with goo (PPA-Perfect Paper Adhesive Matte Finish), it takes forever to dry out.  Very GOOOOOEY!
Linked up for Wow Us Wdnesdays at Saavy Southern Style.

Some "Just Because" Cards Using Made Art Paper
I used Diamond Glaze to adhere/protect the art paper on the back of these glass tiles to make pendants and pins.  These are my favorite glass tile pendants that I have made and it is TOTALLY because of the paper!  Feedback on these?  What do you think?



I picked up a very discounted tool with a coupon promotion thing at Michael's. I got a Martha Stewart punch that can be used anywhere on a piece of paper. I often make layouts with squares all over it, and this allows me to frame up several pictures of the same size very quickly. The top and bottom attache with a magnet, allowing you to move it anywhere on a large piece of paper instead of being limited to an edge. LOVE IT! It is my new FAVORITE tool! Martha Stewert has circles and squares with straight sides too, but I figured I figured I could replicate either of those pretty easily with tools I already have....so scalloped edges for me! I used this lovely tool to frame up smaller parts of wildlife and scenery photos that I just didn't need full 4by6 sized images. It made for a nice border and accent to the larger photos of my people!

A view from the bottom of the tool.
Two of the pages I did today of a trip last summer


2 comments:

I THRIVE on comment love! Please leave some and spread it around!