Monday, June 27, 2011

Days 180-181: Duct Tape Flower Pens, Knitting Progress and Embellishments

I worked with the kids last night on a quick little project that I have done before and originally found on this lovely blog by Seven Sisters.  The kids went to town on making these and it was fun, quick, and I already had the supplies on hand from planning to make them a while back.  Sometimes I love when I don't follow through, then I just maintain an amazing stash and am ready to do a craft at any moment!  Bring on the rainy days!  I have solutions for the next month!
Here is my purple flower pen with added green leaves from the original ones on Seven Sisters.
 Proud pen producers: Sylvia and Felix
 I also spent nearly the whole day (a bad back day....yuck) in bed knitting this chord and stitching it to the bottom line of my super DUPER BULKY yarn shawl thingy.  I used an entire skein, and am only half way around....so I guess a trip to the yarn store is in order as well.  I also am adding some beads to accent parts of the pattern.  I have a few different colors along the same idea to embellish this free form creation.  I am sharing this on Debbie's Newbie Party!  Thanks for hosting, Debbie!




2 comments:

  1. So very cute, and the kids looked like they enjoyed them too. Thanks for sharing with my newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my fabric flowers! I hope that you have as much fun making them as I did. I think they would look great with felted flowers. I love all of your fun projects! I am so incredibly impressed with your diligence with all of your projects every single day! They're awesome and you're so resourceful. You're a crafting rockstar! :)

    ReplyDelete

I THRIVE on comment love! Please leave some and spread it around!