Sunday, June 12, 2011

Days 161-162: FINITO!

I just finished my last stitch on my shawl, and I pray that tomorrow may be a slightly chilly day so that I may sport it comfortably all day.




Last night, I went to hear Carmina Burana performed by the Minnesota Symphony, and was treated by a bonus I didn't know was on the program.....Copland's Appalachian Spring....two of my all time favorite pieces on the same program....and I had never heard either of them in their original form live. I took my daughter, and we met seven former students there. I really enjoyed watching a group of kids that "geeked" out to partake in live orchestra music.....somewhere along the way, I was really blessed to get to see them go through their musical journeys! To top things off, I reconnected with my oboe professor from my college years who still is principal oboe for MN Orchestra. My daughter treated meeting him like she was meeting a super star, and with the beauty of his playing on those two pieces.....I think he is a super star!

Sometimes my music life continues to peak in above the comings and goings of everyday life.

As for knitting, I spent several hours fringing this beauty, and here are the photos to prove it! Shawl, FINITO!!!!









- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Jerri Neddermeyer

No comments:

Post a Comment

I THRIVE on comment love! Please leave some and spread it around!