Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day 47: I don't know what to call it, but I like the texture of it

I was working ribbon through plastic and I sort of stumbled across this little braid pattern.  I took the ribbon off of the plastic and added it to this spare strip of felted wool fabric.  Since it was felted, I just cut through it with an exacto knife and then added the central ribbon.  Then the looped ribbon was woven in and out of the up sections of the center ribbon.  I pinned the end down with a glass pin I made a while back.  I could roll up my little sticks of travel make-up (if I actually traveled with make-up....) and just tie up the roll.  This isn't quite where I wanted to end today, but I figured I should post the process sometimes too.  I have a concert to go to tonight, so no more crafting revisions today.  This is a technique I will do more with in the future....for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I THRIVE on comment love! Please leave some and spread it around!