Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 88: Knit Blocks

I scored a couple of great hanks of hand-dyed, hand-spun, hand-loved wool yarn made by my lovely friend Jen Cuff (strawberrymoonfibers.etsy.com) for my birthday!  I have also registered for a four day knit fest in the Twin Cities (MN) hosted by StevenBe and the Yarn Garage with classes by Nicky Epstein (check out her book, KNITTING BLOCK BY BLOCK) at the end of April.  So I have some serious homework to do to prepare the blocks I am asked to bring to the classes. 

I am newish to knitting, and I love to learn!  I made my first 10"x10" block today just plain jane to start.  I will use it for an animal project outlined in her book.  I am looking forward to making new blocks every few days and working in new patterns also detailed in the book.  My goal is to get to the point with knitting that I can make my own patterns instead of re-creating the visions of other talented people.    One block down, more to go!  I am tired now, and happy to be blogging early so I can crawl in bed for the night right after putting my kiddos down too!  I love life!

Hey, I have 25 hits to go to hit 3,000 at an average of 1,000 each month....help me out, blogging friends!

1 comment:

I THRIVE on comment love! Please leave some and spread it around!