Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day 64: Bummer Back Day

I did make an enormous egg bake for a baby shower (25 people celebrating Baby House/Gritton), and I did make a card for the momma to be, and I did mange to pull my back with the activities of the morning. So blogging a cute little project is OUT OF THE QUESTION! No pictures today as the computer for doing that sort of thing is in the basement, so iPad notes are all I can offer today......how about I share my recipe for egg bake!?!?

Ingredients: (keep in mind that i don't measure and this is really my Grandma Gibson's recipe with a fe changes)

9 eggs
1 1/2 cup moo juice (milk=)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp mustard powder....i just sprinkle
1/2 cup cream cheese, softened or whipped (this is my addition since a chef in the family showed me how to keep scrambled eggs moist by putting in cream cheese right at the end)
Sometimes i add other spices, chives, oregano, paprika, chili powder, just about anything goes

Beat all of this mess together and pour into a 8 by 8 pan (you can go larger, but i like deep eggs...they are usually more moist)

Add in three slices of bread (I prefer pulling off small chunks of crusty French bread)

This is the time to put in additives....mushrooms, onions, chopped cooked bacon or sausage

Sprinkle with 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese of your choice (i usually use the full two cups that come in a typical bag of cheese)

Cover and refrigerate overnight (the egg mix needs to soak into the bread....it will expand some so be sure you aren't filled to the top of your pan, or use a bigger pan to hold all your additives)

Bake covered with foil at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to one hour....make sure the center is set, but not dry......then eat.....YUM!

Tomorrow, I will add a photo of my knitting progress. Does this count as a creative day?

2 comments:

  1. cooking ALWAYS counts in my book.
    I mean really it takes thought to cook.
    Unless you are ordering out or opening a can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Meredith! No cans were hurt while making egg bake!

    ReplyDelete

I THRIVE on comment love! Please leave some and spread it around!