Monday, January 3, 2011

Day 3: Scrap Basket Weaving

I took the leftover folder scraps from my notebook cover project and made this woven basket.  The file folders add quite a bit of strength, and I just stamped the strips used vertically.  The horizontal strips were covered with scrapbook paper.  Overall, I used three complete 12x12 scrapbook pieces to make the project and the lid as well as the file folder scraps from making 5 notebook covers.  I placed the lid on the side of the project because it really is too big for the basket.....so I need to work on that, but on the side, it just looks really cute!  I guess I just make more notebook covers so I can have more scraps so I can try again to make a lid that fits basket #1 and a new bottom that is bigger to fit lid #1.  Still, I think this is a worthwhile product, and these several projects fit together nicely to use up all of the leftovers.

1 comment:

  1. Sooooooo proud of you! Nothing like having imagination...

    ReplyDelete

I THRIVE on comment love! Please leave some and spread it around!