Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 24: iPad Bag Improvements



I did a lot today, too much, yes.  I went to IKEA today for some small juice cups, some ideas of how to deal with my baking sheet cabinet, and magnet canisters with metal board (seen in pic too).  I spent the better part of the afternoon resting between trips up and down stairs to take the crafty contents of the dining room table and move it back into a real work space.  Then after dinner, I turned to my craft for the day as I suddenly realized that I wanted to go to bed, and hadn't even thought about it.  Pictured here is my cool bag, sporting the last bit of its flap binding completed by hand.  I am still sans liner, strap, pockets, and surface stitching of any sort.
I did get the plastic pocket sewn to hold my iPad to the outside of the purse underneath the flap.  To my complete surprise, the touchpad still works even under the thick plastic.  It is hard to see in the photo, but it is cool.  My bag can hold my iPad with alarm clock app on the side of my nightstand when I sleep, I can strap it to the back of my seat for longer trips in the car so the kids can watch a movie.....the ultimate on-the-go toy just became more GOOOOOOO!  Now if I only had some "GOOOOOOO." I am looking forward to learning more as I go on this project and finding clever ways to keep all of my electronic goodies organized and on-hand......but don't swipe my idea.....or at least give credit where credit is due=)

The fabric really is cool, isn't it?

Goodnight for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I THRIVE on comment love! Please leave some and spread it around!