Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day 9: Beaded Beads

As promised, no paper projects today....however, I did make notebook covers still today.  These are beaded beads.....and they only call for 12 of a similar size bead.....so for the last few beads of each color, or the last few beads of a certain size but the colors are mixes.....these can be cute.  My daughter went to a bead camp at The Bead Monkey over winter break, and this was but one of their many projects.  This is just a right angle weave, and in the end, you can string these on just about anything.  I used 4mm bicones here, as I had some leftover from a bracelet I made for a friend for Christmas.  Now I have just a few left of each color, and while I could just pop them on an end pin and hang them on ear wires, this was a new one for me.  My daughter made some with seed beads, and my son made some with shiny mixed colored square beads.  I think that this could work with just about anything from very elegant to silly playful!  Only took a second......also my kind of project!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I THRIVE on comment love! Please leave some and spread it around!