Wednesday, May 28, 2014

New pieces

This piece is Obvara fired which is an alternative firing much like Raku or Horsehair. Pieces are pulled out of a kiln hot (1650F), then dipped in a mixture if flour, sugar, yeast, and water, then quenched in water. Colors can range from gold to brown to black sometimes with spots of white.


Here are some slip print pots I have been working on lately. These were fired to Cone 6 in an electric kiln with clear glaze on the outside to show off the slip decoration.


The Obvara pot is not water tight which makes it a nice planter. I will add a plastic pan under it just to be sure it doesn't seep out onto furniture.


Here is the information for my only sale this summer.....come out and support local art and local artists:)


Here are some not-so-new dishes that I thought I would photograph as long as I had my black background paper handy.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

I THRIVE on comment love! Please leave some and spread it around!